This course defines a holistic approach to project management for the development of new complex techno-centric systems.
|Price:||Early Bird Rates: CHF 2’700.-
Regular Rates: CHF 3’000.-
|Members Price:||Early Bird Rates: CHF 2’430.-
Regular Rates: CHF 2’700.-
|Duration:||4 days (8 hrs. / day)|
|Dates:||11-14 September 2017|
About the Course
This course defines a holistic approach to project management for the development of new complex techno-centric systems. The emphasis is on the relationships and interconnections between project management processes and systems engineering processes for new complex systems. Specific topics include change management, strategy, project organization, team development, leadership styles, priorities, task development, scheduling, cost estimation, performance monitoring, constraint management, and project audits. Students apply these concepts on a project while working in teams. Mastery of these key tools is important for career development, as projects are a major approach for organizations to achieve their strategic goals.
Who Should Attend?
- Managers and engineers who wish to sharpen their project management skills in managing the development of increasingly complex techno-centric systems.
- Managers looking for a better way to manage.
- Managers facing complicated problems.
- Managers wanting to improve their thinking and communication skills.
- Introduction and overview
- Management: General and project
- Introduction to Case Study Project
- Project planning
- Milestone Reviews
- Project planning exercise
- Project staffing
- Project scheduling
- Project costing
- Reducing project schedule and cost
- Performance monitoring
- Risk Management
- Change management I (PDR)
- Impact of changes on cost and schedule
- Change management II (CDR)
- Change management III (TRR)
- Human side of project management
- Change management IV (DRR)
- Summary and closeout
- Understand and be able to apply the systems approach to project management.
- Know the methodology of project planning, monitoring and control.
- Know how the methodology is applied.
- Be able to plan and validate plans for techno-centric systems.
- Be able to anticipate, plan and manage change in systems development projects.
For more information or to register