AIPMO has partnered with the SBS Swiss Business School to offer the first MSc in the world for professionals who need to understand Strategy, Project Leadership and PMOs.
The SBS Swiss Business School is one of the top business schools in Switzerland. The MSc in Strategy, Project Leadership and PMOs has been created by AIPMO and the programme is jointly delivered by professors from both AIPMO and the SBS Swiss Business School.
The SBS Swiss Business School Master of Science (MSc) in Strategy, Project Leadership and PMOs is a full-time, two-year, 90-ECTS programme, which provides an in-depth examination of global strategy, PMOs, projects, programs and portfolios ranging from complexity, megaprojects, competencies to cross-cultural leadership. The language of instruction is English.
The SBS Swiss Business School MSc in Strategy, Project Leadership and PMOs is a direct-entry program requiring no previous professional or work experience. It utilizes an innovative approach to team-based learning which reflects today’s progressive workplace. The SBS Swiss Business School and AIPMO’s joint MSc will open the door to the international career opportunities by allowing you to understand, create and lead complex operational and project related areas at the highest levels.
Aside from the regular in-class sessions and coursework, SBS Swiss Business School also arranges for its students, value-added activities including CV Writing and HR Workshops; Guest Speakers; Language Lessons; Company Visits; Career Opportunities, and more. Students benefit from these activities by learning more about industries, companies and business practices that are involved in these events, and through extending their networks and realizing opportunities that are in line with their career goals.
In the first year, students will complete the academic courses and studies over 4 terms of 11 weeks each. This period concludes with the submission and defense of a thesis in front of a panel jury. Students are encouraged to choose a business-related subject linked to their prospective career. This project is mentored by an SBS Swiss Business School approved supervisor or instructor.
The second year of the program is for professional experience, this may take the form of an internship or employment in the workplace, either in Switzerland or abroad. The expected period of professional experience may be from 9 to 12 months. During this time, as a student you will have the opportunity to apply in the workplace, lessons learned in the classroom. This period culminates in a report, outlining your experiences and detailing the lessons learned during this time.
Students that has taken and successfully passed AIPMO’s Master certification (IPMO-M) will receive 3 credits to the MSc. Students who successfully complete the academic and professional experience requirements will be awarded the degree of Master of Science in Strategy, Project Leadership and PMOs from the SBS Swiss Business School and accredited by AIPMO.
T +41 (0)44 720 16 30
|Member Price:||CHF 28’650.-|
- PRM504 – Project Management competencies
- MAC510 – International Accounting and FSA
- MOB502 – Sustainable Leadership and Organization
- PRM507 – Enterprise PMOs
- MCN520 – Cross-Cultural Communication
- MET590 – Entrepreneurship and Innnovation
- PRM511 – Project, Program, Portfolio frameworks/governance structures
- MHR530 – Human Resource Management
- MSN500 – Strategic Management
- PRM525 – Complexity and Mega Projects
- PRM700 – Business Intelligence
- PRM720 – Applied Project Management
- RES502 – Workshops, Forums, Seminar
- THE700 – Research Methods in Management
- MBG601 – Business Project Game
- THE755 – Independent Research Project
- Design transnational strategies for both strategic formulation and strategic execution
- Understand the complexities and challenges of the world of projects and how to navigate the necessary complexity of portfolio and program management
- Learn a framework approach to desing and establish the production side of projects from a PMO perspective
- Publish your dissertation in managemanage.com and increase your value by professionals reading your article
- Taught by the top AIPMO and SBS Swiss Business Schoool professors and have supervisors that give you time
- Undergraduate degree (Bachelor) from a recognized university or equivalent
- Successful completion of SBS Admissions Exam
- Fluency in English: TOEFL IBT 90 or better, IELTS 6.5 band score or better (if English is not your native language)
- Successful completion of a personal interview with the Swiss Business School Admissions Officer, either in person or by phone/Skype
- Project related experience and ideally a project or PMO related certification
- Work experience is not compulsory. Students from all backgrounds are welcome to apply.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- PM, PMO Directors
- PM PMO Managers and advanced team members
- Senior project/program management professionals
- Senior consultants (involved in projects and/or organizational change)
- Project/program/portfolio managers with expertise in PMOs
Any professional interested in doing a MSc with the admission requirements and the passion to research
AIPMO is the Association of International Project Management Officers, a professional Swiss based international association representing International Project Management Professionals (IPMO), including project, program, and portfolio managers involved in defining, establishing and running high performing, Project Management Offices (PMOs) in different industry sectors. AIPMO also offers specialist certification courses.
The AIPMO association is actively involved in the continuous process of improving the approaches and methods and promotes the participation of institutions, corporations, academy, associations, professionals, and operators in the field of PMO, to enhance AIPMO activity for defining, through an iterative process, the standard within the Project Management context and its variations between organizations and industry sectors.