Essential for the experienced project manager who needs direction on managing the seemingly unmanageable.
|Members Price:||EUR 1’827,50|
|Duration:||3 days (8 hrs / day)|
|PDUs:||Total 22.5 (Technical PM: 2.5 /
Leadership: 10 /
Strategic & Business Management: 10)
|Dates:||28-30 August 2017|
About the Course
Have you ever taken on a project that appeared just too complex to handle? Just trying to identify the multitude of variables to be managed, let alone to anticipate how they might interact to create unexpected challenges, can be overwhelming. So how do you determine the true complexity, with a clear understanding of the variables involved and move forward to develop a project management plan that provides the right level of control and flexibility for success?
Leading a complex project requires a new way of thinking—a new approach to applying known project management techniques and tools. Leading Complex Projects provides an innovative approach to assess project complexity and to deploy the best techniques to achieve success.
You will learn to use TwentyEighty’s unique Complexity Indicator and Complex Project Model to increase your effectiveness in controlling the complexity in your project. The Complex Project Model provides valuable insight into the variables that create the complexity of your particular project. It enables you to select existing tools from a new point of view that both limits the level of complexity and leverages use of the remaining complexity for positive results—in short, to stack the odds of success in your favour!
The exercises and readings are designed to give you hands-on experience from a new perspective while determining the true level of project complexity and using complexity to assist rather than hinder progress. Among the tools provided is an automated template of TwentyEighty Strategy Execution’s Complexity Indicator. Using your answers to the questions in the Complexity Indicator, this tool automatically calculates your project’s complexity level, and plots the strengths and weaknesses of your project against the knowledge areas of PMBOK® Guide. This course is a must for the experienced project manager who needs a leg up in managing the seemingly unmanageable!
Who Should Attend?
- Understanding Complexity in Projects
• Elements of complexity theory
• Nonlinear dynamics
• Open/closed systems
• Leadership approaches and ¬techniques
• Leaders in complexity
- The Complex Project Model and Process
• TwentyEighty’s Complex Project Model
• TwentyEighty’s Complex Project Process
• Knowledge of complexity
• Project management
- Determining Project Complexity
• TwentyEighty’s Complexity Indicator
• Assessing complexity levels
• Applying the indicator
- Communicating Project Complexity
• Communication platforms
• Risk and risk response
• Change management
• Problem solving
- Designing for Complex Projects
• OBS, PBS, WBS
• Design tasks
• Planning for project execution
- Governing Project Complexity
• Leadership levels
• Clear vision
• Principles for leading complex projects
• Disciplines for leading complex projects
What you will learn:
- Adopt leadership techniques to increase the probability of your success
- Apply the concepts of complexity science to project management
- Use TwentyEighty’s Complexity Indicator Tool to assess your project’s complexity level
- Create an innovative framework for managing project complexity using TwentyEighty’s Complex Project Management Model
For more information or to register